- Easy to use with a simple API supporting both synchronous (blocking) API calls and asynchronous API calls using callbacks.
- Fast and lightweight.
- Cross-platform (Linux, Mac, Windows, iOS, Android).
- Extensible (using compile-time plugins).
- Fully compliant with the MAVLink common microservices standard/definitions.
The core library is written in C++ and is used as the common "backend" to auto-generated front end libraries for different programming languages. The generated libraries share similar APIs (because they are autogenerated from a common interface) but follow idiomatic patterns expected by end users (for example, the Python library is installed from PyPi using pip, and includes everything you need to get up and running).
This repo contains the source code for the C++ core. Other important repos include:
- MAVSDK-Proto - Collection of proto files used by gRPC in MAVSDK (common interface definitions)
- MAVSDK-Python - MAVSDK client for Python
- MAVSDK-Swift - MAVSDK client for Swift.
- MAVSDK-Java - MAVSDK client for Java.
- Other repos - Docs, examples, etc.
- C++ core library (2016). Reliable and stable - used in production.
- MAVSDK-Swift (2018): Reliable and stable - used in production.
- MAVSDK-Python (2019): First PyPi release 2019.
- MAVSDK-Java (2019): Prototype.
Docs (Build instructions etc.)
Instructions for how to use the C++ library can be found in the SDK Guide (links to other programming languages can be found from the documentation sidebar).
This project is licensed under the permissive BSD 3-clause, see LICENSE.md.