This GNUradio module provides a block to measure and display antenna radiation pattern diagrams.
- measurement transmitter
- HackRF (or any other radio transmitter)
- HackRF or RTL-SDR
- stepper motor
- mounting bracket to mount antenna on stepper motor
- motor controller:
- developer board NUCLEO-F103R with BX_NUCLEO_IHM01A1 shield
This software was developed at SEEMOO Secure Mobile Networking Lab, TU Darmstadt https://www.seemoo.tu-darmstadt.de/
Copyright (c) 2017 Max Weller
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
sudo apt-get install cmake build-essential \ gnuradio gr-osmosdr python python-serial \ python-matplotlib python-numpy python-pexpect
sudo pacman -S cmake build-essential \ gnuradio gr-osmosdr python2 python2-serial \ python2-matplotlib python2-numpy python2-pexpect
Compile and install the module gr-radiationpattern:
mkdir build cd build cmake .. && make && sudo make install && sudo ldconfig
- connect the motor control board and the hackrf to the USB
- make sure your user account has permission on the USB serial port, e.g.
sudo chmod 0666 /dev/ttyACM0
- open examples/receive.grc with gnuradio companion, run it
- on an other computer, run examples/transmit.grc
- click on Start measurement
The interesting python code for the radiation pattern is python/antenna_diagram.py and python/antdiag_window.py. These files are modified versions of wxgui/numbersink2.py and wxgui/number_window.py from the GNUradio distribution.
There is a slightly different version of the antenna_diagram block called wx_radar_py_f which displays an endless updated radar-screen-like polar plot.