_|_|_|_| _| _| _| _| _|_|_| _| _| _|_|_| _| _|_| _| _| _|_|_| _|_| _|_|_| _| _| _| _| _| _| _|_| _| _| _| _| _| _| _| _| _| _| _| _| _| _| _| _| _| _| _| _| _| _|_|_| _| _| _|_|_| _| _| _|_|_| _| _| _|
The name's Max Fierke. Read more about me here: http://www.maxfierke.com/about
Fallarium is an effort to port Damian Yerrick's Tetanus On Drugs(TM) to Allegro 5 and allow it to run on modern computers. TOD is a Tetris-like game with added visual effects commonly associated with hallucinogens.
I played a lot of Tetanus on Drugs(TM) when I was younger, mainly the GBA port. I recently rediscovered my love for it and want to make it available to users of modern computers and those without GBA flashcarts. The original version of the game (non-GBA) was written over 10 years ago for computers much less powerful. After getting the game to compile with all the new Allegro 5 features, etc. I want to begin turning it into a more visually appetizing game.
You can't yet. It doesn't compile. I'm not done updating the Allegro 4 (and in some cases Allegro 3) functions and such to Allegro 5. A lot changed between A4 and A5 so there's a lot to do.
- Update A4 functions and constructs to A5.
- Replace A4 GUI with something more modern that works with A5.
- Bring in gameplay elements from LOCKJAW: The Overdose (GBA version of TOD)
- Update graphics, effects, sound, etc.
- Take advantage of modern 3D hardware.
Literally any computer running GNU/Linux, Windows, or even Mac OS X that was made in the last fifteen years.
For future proofing, though, make sure you've got a graphics card that supports OpenGL 2.0.
The program is licensed under the GNU General Public License version 3.
If for some reason, you have yet to memorize the GPL, take your lawyer out for a nice lunch and see LICENSE for more details.
- Email me at email@example.com
- If you know Allegro well, starting fixing stuff.
- Fork it, do a pull request and if I like your changes, I'll merge 'em.