Resumis is Esperanto for "summarized". It's also a platform for managing your personal internet homepage presence and advertising yourself to the world.
- Ruby 2.1+
- Rails 4.2
- PostgreSQL 9.3+ with development dependencies
- Node.js or another supported execjs runtime. I assume node.js. If you prefer
therubyracer, uncomment it in the Gemfile.
wkhtmltopdf. 0.12.x+ recommended. 0.9.9.x has issues with the resume layout. Will use either a binary specified by
ffmpegwith h264 and libvpx (webm) support
- Redis for Sidekiq, but you can sub this out for Resque,
delayed_job, and other queues supported by ActiveJob and
- Bare domain name for multi-tenancy mode. In dev, you'll want to use lvh.me or a locally resolving domain name with support for wildcard subdomains. I personally setup all my rails apps through Anvil and Pow, which handles setting them up under local *.dev domains.
- SMTP server (Production is configured to use SendGrid with credentials set by environmental variables
SENDGRID_DOMAIN). It's only used by Devise for things like password resets, or confirmation emails. This is not a hard dependency and certainly not needed for development.
and others. See Gemfile.
Installation & Setup
Clone the repo
$ git clone email@example.com:maxfierke/resumis.git && cd resumis
Install dependencies with Bundler
$ bundle install
See Configuration below and set any needed environment variables. In development, put them in
Create the database, run the migrations
$ rake db:create db:migrate
Run the app using foreman
$ foreman start
Go to lvh.me (or whatever locally-resolving domain you're using) and setup your first tenant (you!). Note that lvh.me (or another locally resolving domain with wildcard subdomains) is necessary on development in multi-tenancy mode.
Resumis-specific configuration can be done either through the
config/initializers/resumis.rb initializer file, or through a some environmental variables.
SECRET_KEY_BASE- Generate a value via
RESUMIS_DEVISE_SECRET- Generate a value via
From:address for emails sent by Resumis (password resets, confirmations, etc.)
RESUMIS_CANONICAL_HOST- Bare domain of the resumis installation for multi-tenancy mode. Canonical hostname for single-tenancy mode.
RESUMIS_TENANCY_MODE- Can be
multi. This is not easily changed later
Apache License 2.0. See LICENSE