Enables custom urls to be created for pages and pages with querystring values.
How it works
Vanity urls integrates with
iFinity Url Master or the standard
DNN Url Provider in order to allow for a custom url to be handled and then forwarded to a specific destination.
This destination can include
querystring variables and hash tags.
Essentially VanityUrls is simply a UrlRewriter with a few more perks and doesn't force you to modify your web.config (which would restart your application).
- Install like any other module.
- Put module on a page. Preferrably under Admin or Host sections.
- Go to module settings and enable one of the available providers. Note you only need to enable one.
- Start creating urls!
Note: Vanity Urls administration only works for Administrators or Super User accounts. This limitation will be resolved in a future version.
- You can add querystring values during the redirection
- Google campaign tracking information for tracking how the urls are used.
- Start & end dates for each url redirection. If outside the bounds of those dates you will receive a standard DNN 404.
- Basic analytics on tracking when a url was last used.
Thank you to the American Water Works Association for sponsoring this project.
DotNetNuke Version 6.1.4
- Uses KnockoutJS for the client side administration.
- Integrates with the iFinity Url provider module.