geoipupdatenow verifies the MD5 of the new database before deploying it. If the database MD5 does not match the expected MD5,
geoipupdatewill exit with an error.
- The copy of
base64.hwas switched to a version under GPL 2+ to prevent a license conflict.
LICENSEfile was added to the distribution.
- Several issues in the documentation were fixed.
geoipupdatedid not check the status code of an HTTP response. It will now check for an unexpected status code and exit with a warning if such a status is received.
- The client now checks the return value of gz_close to ensure that the gzip stream was correctly decoded. GitHub PR #18.
- The client now checks that the file was correctly opened. Previous versions used an incorrect check.
- Error handling was generally improved.
geoipupdatewill now return a 1 whenever an update fails.
- Previously if one database failed to be updated,
geoipupdatewould not attempt to download the remaining databases. It now continues to the next database when a download fails.
- Support for Mac OS X 10.6, which is missing the
getlinefunction was added.
- Unknown directions in the configuration file will now be logged.
- The debugging output was improved and made more readable.
- Several documentation errors and typos were fixed.