Releases · maxmind/geoipupdate
- The client now sets the
- The error handling has been improved.
goreleaserconfiguration has been consolidated. There is now
one checksum file for all builds.
- Binaries are now built for OpenBSD and FreeBSD. Pull request by
Devin Buhl. GitHub #161.
- Packages for ARM are now correctly uploaded. Bug report by Service Entity.
The Docker container now supports the following new environment
GEOIPUPDATE_CONF_FILE- The path where the configuration file will
be written. The default is
GEOIPUPDATE_DB_DIR- The directory where geoipupdate will download
the databases. The default is
Pull request by Maxence POULAIN. GitHub #143.
- Go 1.13 or greater is now required.
- In verbose mode, we now print a message before each HTTP request.
Previously we would not print anything for retried requests.
- Expected response errors no longer cause request retries. For example, we
no longer retry the download request if the database subscription has
- When running with
GEOIPUPDATE_FREQUENCYset, the Docker image will now
stop when sent a SIGTERM instead of waiting for a SIGKILL. Pull request
by Maxence POULAIN. GitHub #135.
- Docker images are now provided for ARM64. Requested by allthesebugsv2.
- The edition ID is now included when there is a failure retrieving a
- The Docker image no longer prints the generated
up. This prevents a possible leak of the account's license key. Pull
request by Nate Gay. GitHub #109.
- The minimum Go version is now 1.11.
- Failing HTTP requests are now retried using an exponential backoff. The
period to keep retrying any failed request is set to 5 minutes by default and
can be adjusted using the new
- When using the go package rather than the command-line tool, the null value
RetryForwill be 0 seconds, which means no retries will be performed. To
change that, set
RetryForexplicitly in the
Configyou provide, or obtain