Civic API – API for community data
CivicAPI is an effort to create a directory of open data APIs for local and regional government data.
This is still a work in progress.
- Create an easily consumable data resource for developers interested in utilizing civic data
- Host civic data for free, for any regional government open data initiative
- Modify and build upon the city’s publicly released data by allowing users to edit and contribute data, and even start whole new datasets
- Allow easy full replication of civic datasets through CouchDB’s replication API
- Create tools and examples for developers to use as a jumping off point for creating ‘civic apps’
- Integrate with ScraperWiki
Copyright © 2010 Max Ogden
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining
a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the
‘Software’), to deal in the Software without restriction, including
without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish,
distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to
permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to
the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be
included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND,
EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF
MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY
CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT,
TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE
SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.