An open source text-based subtitle editor that supports basic operations as well as more advanced ones, aiming to become an improved version of Subtitle Workshop for every platform supported by KDE.
This is a continuation of Subtitle Composer by Sergio Pistone from sourceforget.net/projects/subcomposer/
- Load/save multiple formats - SubRip, MicroDVD, SSA/ASS, MPlayer, TMPlayer and YouTube captions
- Demux text streams from video file
- Speech Recognition using PocketSphinx
- Smart language/text encoding selection
- Live preview of subtitles in video player (GStreamer, MPlayer, MPV, Xine, Phonon) w/ audio stream selection
- Live preview of subtitles on audio waveform w/ audio stream selection
- Easy sync fixing with multiple anchors/graftpoints, time shifting and stretching, lines duration re-calculation, framerate conversion, etc.
- Side by side subtitle translations
- Texts styles (italic, bold, underline, stroke, color)
- Spell checking
- Joining and splitting of subtitle files
- Detection of timing errors in subtitles
Please submit bug reports or feature requests to the issue tracker on GitHub. If you do not have a GitHub account and feel uncomfortable creating one then feel free to send an e-mail to <max at smoothware dot net> instead.
Help and ideas are welcome.
If you would like to do some code changes, please check the coding style doc.
AUTHORS / CONTRIBUTORS
Please look in AUTHORS file for incomplete list.