IMPORTANT: The development of Subtitle Composer has moved to KDE. This repository is only a mirror and might not be up-to-date.
An open source text-based subtitle editor that supports basic and advanced editing operations, aiming to become an improved version of Subtitle Workshop for every platform supported by Plasma Frameworks.
- Open/Save Text Subtitle Formats
- SubRip/SRT, MicroDVD, SSA/ASS, MPlayer, TMPlayer and YouTube captions
- Open/OCR Graphics Subtitle Formats
- VobSub (.idx/.sub/.rar), BluRay/PGS (*.sup), formats supported by ffmpeg (DVD/Vob, DVB, XSUB, HDMV-PGS)
- Demux Graphics/Text Subtitle Stream from video file
- SRT, SSA/ASS, MOV text, MicroDVD, Graphic formats supported by ffmpeg (DVD/Vob, DVB, XSUB, HDMV-PGS)
- Speech Recognition from audio/video file using PocketSphinx
- Smart language/text encoding detection
- Live preview of subtitles in integrated video player (FFmpeg) w/ audio stream selection
- Preview/editing of subtitles on audio waveform w/ audio stream selection
- Quick and easy subtitle sync:
- Dragging several anchors/graftpoints and stretching timeline
- Time shifting and scaling, lines duration re-calculation, framerate conversion, etc.
- Joining and splitting of subtitle files
- Side by side subtitle translations
- Text styles (italic, bold, underline, stroke, color)
- Spell checking
- Detection of timing errors in subtitles
Subtitle Composer is released under GNU General Public License v2.0