backstage is a custom music collection organizer that I created (mainly) back in 2010 for a project group when I went to high school. The pupils of the project group - antenneSIBI - drive an amateur radio station during important events (of the school) with an own VHF frequency at 97.1 MHz.
It can keep track of the state of studio items (e.g. microphones, recorders) and manage renting them out. Furthermore it organizes music files and music CD's to store custom informations which are important for moderation (e.g. ramp times). It also allows to export the data to lists or print stickers with barcodes to easily identify CDs if they have been populated in backstage.
Attention! This software has been discontinued and there is no further development (currently). But it might serve educational purposes.
You can also read the article on by project archive here to gain further information.
A downloadable version (most recent from 2010) of backstage can be found here (in
dist/bs.jar). Make sure that you also get the
dist/lib folder along with the JAR file in the same directory since it contains all necessary libraries used by backstage.
backstage-0.2-alpha contains a demo of the previous version of backstage which looks quite different.
The project has been developed with NetBeans 8.1 IDE and can be directly opened with it.
3rd party libraries
The application uses the following third party libraries:
- NeoDatisODB Very simple Object Database (v 1.9.2) http://www.neodatis.org/
- MiGLayout THE Java Layout Manager for Swing (v 3.7.3) http://www.miglayout.com/
- iText iText allows to generate PDF files (v 2.0.8) http://itextpdf.com/
- Barbecue Barbecue generates Barcodes (v 1.5 beta 1) http://barbecue.sourceforge.net/
- JDOM Accessing, manipulating, and outputting XML (v 1.1) http://www.jdom.org/
- The Flying Saucer Project An XML/XHTML/CSS 2.1 Renderer (R8) https://xhtmlrenderer.dev.java.net/
- Nimbus Icon Theme http://gnome-look.org/
- The program icon might be derived from an icon out of the Open Clipart Library.
Licensed under the Creative Commons 4.0 BY-SA license.
This program is distributed WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.