Disclaimer: This is a concept. Not an actual project. At least, at this point
Deploy a Static Site
Deploy a static site in three keystrokes!
- Fast From first keystroke to live website!
- Simple: One command deployment
- Cheap: Free or basically free
- Secure: Always secured with TLS
There will be two components to this project.
The command line interface will be the primary means of deploying websites. It will be simple but feature complete. The CLI will also supersede RVA-CLI, so it has to provide the same functionality as RVA.
The API will serve as a sort of proxy to S3. It will provide authentication so that just any user can't publish to your website. The biggest challenge to this piece will be scalability. The API has to be able to proxy 100's of file uploads at once. The API will also handle provisioning of new buckets and CDNs.
- Developer runs
maxupchecks that it has permission to deploy this site
maxuploads all the sites files to the API
- API receives the upload (checks users's permissions)
- API creates an S3 bucket (if it doesn't exist)
- Concurrently, API does these
- API provisions CDN for the new S3 bucket (if it doesn't exist)
- API uploads files to the new S3 bucket
- API responds to
maxwith the new site's address
Tools & Language
Inspiration for this project comes from thses projects: