Clone this wiki locally
Mayel Espino's Resume
- Received 2 applause awards at Symantec.
- Inventor of 6 patent applications and co-inventor of 1 patent.
- My team won the first place in CQES first “hack-a-thon” at PayPal.
- Received the “PayPalian” award for my involvement for the Airlines Project.
C - 20 years
- Back end servers
- Device driver to control tape drive
- Embedded systems – Massive file processing
- image processing libraries – Command line utilities.
C++ - 16 years
- Large-scale Back-end servers – Massive file processors for credit card applications.
- SOAP services.
Java - 06 years
- Back end servers- Maven test cases – MQ classes.
Assembler - 03 years
- Embedded systems in college.
Python - 04 years
- Command line utility
- Server development – Messaging/middleware systems – Monitoring tools.
DJango - 01 year
- REST server
- Command Line REST client – In-house application for storing service monitor data for reporting engine – Reporting engine.
Ruby - 06 months
- Received training from Puppet developers.
- Developed puppet modules.
- Developed Chef recipes and tests.
Bash Scripting - 07 years
- Administrative task automation
- Environment set up and management – System Monitoring.
Perl - 04 years
- Unix process management
- Service monitoring
- File processing.
Infrastructure management and deployment automation - 04 years
- Developed and improved on a variety of tools, both in house and off the shelf, to enable the Release Engineering team deploy, configure and manage the entire company’s software stack.
Cloud computing - 1 year
- Provisioned and managed nodes in both AWS and OpenStack. Created and managed security groups. Used the web interfaces and command line tools for both.
Chef - 06 months
- Wrote chef recipes, chef kitchen tests, used kitchen knife for chef server operations and node management.
Haproxyand Squid - 04 months
- Manage, update haproxy. Created Chef recipes to produce the haproxy configuration.
Consul - 02 months
- Added service discovery to haproxy.
DataDog - 02 months
- Created DD agent scripts to monitor services, also created dashboards and alerts.
Puppet - 08 months
- Received training from Puppet developers – Developed puppet modules
- Tutorial examples
- puppet master – Mcollective.
Oncall support - 04 years
- Provided second level support and tools for the DevOps and Batch Ops teams at PayPal and for SRE team at Ooyala.
Continuous integration - 04 years
- Created continuous integration jobs, code coverage jobs, Maven test execution jobs.
Source control - 11 years
- Used for source control of work projects.
Mysql - 01 year
- Installation, schema design and performance tuning.
Oracle/Sybase - 07 years
- Schema design and performance tuning.
SQL/PSQL - 09 years
- Report generation - PSQL programs for data pre-processing.
Linux - 12 years
- Install and developed open source and in-house applications - Systems Administration and management – Process and service monitoring.
Unix - 11 years
- Systems Administration and management – Process and service monitoring
- Ported C/C++ code on to various variations of Unix.
MVS - 04 years
- Applications C, REX, and proprietary languages.
Windows - 10 years
- Software Development and management.
HTM - 07 years
- Developed a variety of web pages for internal tools.
PHP - 01 year
- Developed in-house applications for MCI test tool.
Mark up languages - 04 years
- XML for configuration data
- Used Json in conjunction to MongoDB to describe our deployment application’s configuration data.
MQ Series - 01 year
- Developed, maintained and ported code for messaging applications, which utilized MQ-Series API.
WebSphere - 01 years
- Developed messaging applications for complex messaging and message transformation.
Tuxedo - 01 year
- Developed business logic for tuxedo servers, using tuxedo’s API.
Project management - 07 years
- Lead large teams, up to 9 engineers, in design and project tracking meetings. Day to day mentoring and project tracking.
Embedded Systems - 01 years
- Developed Embedded systems programs for college.
Internet security (AppScan) - 06 Months
- Maintained and extended in house infrastructure for scanning PayPal’s site for internet security vulnerabilities. The infrastructure was built around AppScan an IBM product.