The WiaSane project provides a Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) Driver which enables image acquisition from scanner devices through the Scanner Access Now Easy (SANE) network protocol.
This WIA driver implements a SANE frontend on top of the SANE network protocol. It is referred to as Scanner Access Now Easy - WIA Driver.
In order to access those scanner devices either the scanner itself or a SANE daemon needs to provide a SANE network frontend to be used.
In order to use the SANE device created by this driver you will need to make use of a WIA-compatible scanning application. Examples include:
This software is currently build and tested against Windows 7. The required Windows API functions are available since Windows Vista, which means that it could work on Windows Vista and newer versions.
- Create a Windows scanner device by connecting to a SANE device
- Support for color, grayscale and lineart/threshold scan modes
- Support for preview and final scan types
- Support for contrast and brightness settings
- Support for single-sided scanning from a flatbed
- Support for automatic document feeder and duplex mode
- Support for username- and password-based authentication
- Integrated property page for device modification
- Integrated wizard during driver/device installation
To be improved
- Make WIA driver use asynchronous network connections (in progress)
- Handling of rounding issues while converting between units of length
- Handling of errors while using automatic document feeder or duplex mode
Development and Build environment
As stated before, this software package is currently being developed and build against Windows 7 as well as Windows Driver Kit 8.0.
All Visual Studio project files are created, modified, tested and used with Visual Studio 2012. This version is also used to build the released driver packages as well as included libraries and applications using a Windows Server 2008 R2 build machine.
The installer is created and compiled using Inno Setup 5.5 or newer.
Copyright (c) 2012 - 2017, Marc Hoersken, email@example.com
This software is licensed as described in the file COPYING, which you should have received as part of this software distribution.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.