BASTL Drill Tool
Inkscape extension to generate drilling gcode compatible with 3D printer firmwares. In the first place oriented to Repetier firmware.
- supports Repetier compatible g-code and Excellon format
- circles from drawing (up to specified diameter) are exported (no ellipses, arcs or paths are exported)
- rich options enable fine control of drilling process
Following options are available:
- Output Format: type of output fiies - Excellon or g-code
- Unit: units used in output file (mm or in).
- Maximum Drill Diameter: Maximum diameter of circle. Bigger circles will not be included in drill plan
- Filename: name of output file
Following options apply only to g-code output:
- Spindle ON Command: command to turn on spindle (including speed specification)
- Spindle OFF Command: command to turn off spindle
- Tool Change Command: command to allow tool change
- Additional initialization: additional initialization (in case we want keep default Program Header)
- Message Command: command to display message on LCD display
- Drill Height: height the holes will be drilled to (usually negative).
- Safe Height: safe height to horizontally move the drill head
- Tool Change Height: height on which can be tool changed
- Drill Speed: drill speed (Z axis)
- Retract Speed: retraction speed (Z axis)
- Transport Speed: move speed (X and Y axes) at safe height
- Program Header: initialization sequence
- Program Footer: termination sequence
If Program Header of Program Footer are left empty reasonable and safe defaults are used.
Multiline commands are supported. Vertical bar (|) can be used as command separator` it will be replaced by newline in output file.