Using this code is very rough around the edges at present. To start a migration:
- Install/enable the migrate_plus and migrate_tools modules. This gives you the drush migrate-manifest command.
- Create a migrate manifest, such as
$ echo '- wp_post' > ~/my-manifest
- Either place your wordpress xml file at the location defined in
config/install/migrate.migration.wp_post.yml, or edit this file to change the location.
- Apply the patch at https://www.drupal.org/node/2500955. You can remove it after the migration has run.
- Enable this wordpress_migrate module.
- Run the command
drush migrate-manifest --legacy-db-url=foo ~/my-manifest
See https://github.com/mbaynton/mixingbowl_migrate for an example of the remaining, custom pieces I needed to do a complete site migration.