Generate a weekly digest email for a blog using Azure Functions, SendGrid and Azure Table Storage.
by: Michael Crump
- Part 1 - What we're going to build and how to build it
- Part 2 - Storing Emails using Azure Table Storage
- Part 3 - Writing the Frontend with HTML5 and jQuery
- Part 4 - Sending Emails with Sendgrid and Azure Functions
Below is a demo:
After poking around for a bit, I landed on the following:
- SendGrid to handle emails (25K emails free monthly)
- Azure Storage Table to save the email address the user enter (this gives me an unlimited number of subscribers).
- Timer Trigger with Azure Functions to schedule emails to send at a certain time. (Runs weekly and retrieves my last 7 days worth of blog posts)
- HTTP Trigger with Azure Functions to collect POST data coming from my website that contains the email address that someone types in.
- Visual Studio and the C# Language
Try it Live
Subscribe to my Weekly Digest of my blog and try out the form here