Generates RSS feeds with content updated at regular intervals. I wrote this to answer a question I asked on Stack Overflow.
Visit http://lorem-rss.herokuapp.com/feed, with the following optional parameters:
- unit: one of second, minute, day, month, or year
- interval: an integer to repeat the units at. For seconds and minutes this interval must evenly divide 60, for month it must evenly divide 12, and for day and year it can only be 1.
- The default, updates once a minute: /feed
- Update every second instead of minute: /feed?unit=minute
- Update every 30 seconds: /feed?unit=second&interval=30
- Update once a day: /feed?unit=day
- Update every 6 months: /feed?unit=month&interval=6
- Update once a year: /feed?unit=year
- Invalid example: update every 7 minutes (does not evenly divide 60): /feed?unit=minute&interval=7
The feed and documentation
Licensed by Michael Bertolacci under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.
The MIT License (MIT)
Copyright (c) 2013 Michael Bertolacci
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.