A website with Node, Jade, SASS and more.
This is a personal website whose primary purpose is to showcase the projects I work on.
- Having last used Rails, I wanted to check out the Next Cool Thing, so I wrote the sever in Node1.
- I wanted to make it extremely easy to write posts, so I write them in Markdown.
- I also wanted to make it easy to include structured data, so I use CSON (think JSON + Coffeescript).
- I wanted to make the HTML reusable and small, so I write it in Jade.
- I wanted a responsive, mobile-friendly website, so I use Bootstrap.
- I wanted my stylesheets to be easily-customizable and changeable, so I wrote them in SASS.
- I wanted others to use this if they wanted to, so the license is MIT.
1: As much as you need to write a server in Node---with Express, etc., it practically writes itself.
- Add back in support for IE 8, etc. (see comments in views/head.jade)
- My phone's screen width is 360px, so that should be the minimum resolution width supported (if not smaller...)