This is a temp-project containing working integration code
between Play 2.0 and Groovy Templates (https://github.com/mbknor/gt-engine http://kjetland.com/blog/2011/11/playframework-new-faster-groovy-template-engine/)
For convenience of development I decided to do the integration-code in an actual Play 2 application, and then, later,
move it to a seperate project.
Due to lots of SBT-integration problems, I have decided to stop working on that and instead get as much as possible
working with runtime-on-the-fly-compiling with changed-check as in play 1.
This is working:
- Basic template stuff
- all tags (#extends, #include, #list, etc)
- resolving values ($)
- resolving messages (&)
- Checking for errors
- Using cache
- Resolving addresses (@)
- Error messges showing correct source and lineno in templates
- Finding template files from disk
- custom tags
- loading files from modules
- resolving template files via resources
- system params (_encoding, all the params that are auto added by play 1)
- Code in FastTag that was not moved from play 1 to gt-engine
This is still not working (Works like a todo list):
- Resolving absolute addresses (@@)
- Wrong source is shown when loading not found template from code in controller
- Might work when integration code is moved out of play-app
- render args,
- Locale support
When using GTFastTags, you must have a file called gt-fasttags.txt located on the “root” of your classpath (you can put it in the /conf-folder)
Each fasttag must have its full classname on a seperate line in this file
Must have ‘uses-groovy-templates.txt’-file on root of classpath in all apps/jars that contain groovy templates.
The template source root folder should be named /gtviews and should also be on the root of the classpath, for example in the conf folder.