Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
2. Getting started
For operating logsniffer only Java is required (JRE or JDK at least in version 1.7). Everything else is included in the one file WAR archive according to the principle of "as simple as possible". Thus the quick start setup with default configuration will take only one minute.
- Download the latest release of
- Execute in a shell
java -jar logsniffer.war
- Open a browser and navigate to http://localhost:8082 to enjoy viewing, monitoring and analysing your log data
Simplest log source
In order to start quickly with viewing and processing logs with logsniffer you can begin with a simple log source without taking into account the underlying log format.
Navigate to the log source page and click the "New log source" button.
After that you will get the log source wizard presented. Perform here the following steps:
- Type in the name of the log source e.g. "My first log source"
- Select "Simple log source" as source type
- Type in a path for the log file or a pattern to get multiple log files served by this source. For example:
- Select "Regular expression matching reader" as log entry reader
- Type in the simple regular expression
(?<Line>.+)which will parse the log file line per line and assign the whole line to the field
- Click the "Create" button to finish the log source configuration
Now the logs gathered by the configuration should be presented on the log source page and ready for viewing and analyzing.