A simple C thread pool implementation
Currently, the implementation:
- Works with pthreads only, but API is intentionally opaque to allow other implementations (Windows for instance).
- Starts all threads on creation of the thread pool.
- Reserves one task for signaling the queue is full.
- Stops and joins all worker threads on destroy.
The API contains addtional unused 'flags' parameters that would allow some additional options:
- Lazy creation of threads (easy)
- Reduce number of threads automatically (hard)
- Unlimited queue size (medium)
- Kill worker threads on destroy (hard, dangerous)
- Support Windows API (medium)
- Reduce locking contention (medium/hard)