Android File Explore Implementation
This is an android file explorer implementation. Features include:
- Ability to navigate through multiple heirarchial levels
- Ability to select a file & or directory
- Currently does not support adding or deleting files
- Also does not support opening files once selected. This feature can be implemented very seasily using intents. Display applications that handle a particular filetype.
How to use:
- Copy the FileExplore.java source file into your project
- Copy the res folder. This contains graphical elements to improve file browsing
- In FileExplore.java, search for the comment //Perform action with file picked
- Just add your own functionality in there
- This is not (yet) an Android Library project. I plan to make it one though in the future and add a few more features. Until then you can get by by modifying the source file.
- A similar library can be found at https://github.com/vaal12/AndroidFileBrowser, which provides a separate Activity (not Dialog) to browse and select files and directories on the phone. That library is based on the code from Android File Explore.
Copyright 2011 Manish Burman
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.