Simple utilities for working with the Belleds Q Station and color-changing light bulbs.
Edit environment.conf to reflect your Q Station's IP address.
You will need to install the jq package (for JSON parsing) to use these scripts. (In Ubuntu, this is 'sudo apt-get install jq'.) You will also need a firmware revision on the Q that does not lock up when the bulb list is queried. Currently this seems to be only 1.0.00_r341.
- Qcolor.sh - set bulb color from a GUI. (For now you will need to edit the script to add your bulb serial numbers and Q Station IP address.)
- Qmorse.sh - send a message in Morse code
- Qnotify.sh - notify the user about the success or failure of a command using bulb color
- Qprompt.sh - use with the Bash PROMPT_COMMAND environment variable to make a bulb turn green when a command succeeds and red when it fails (possibly useful for long-running commands)
- Qname.sh - change the name of a bulb
- environment.conf - configuration data (needs to be set before any of the scripts will work)
- lib.sh - common library of functions used by end-user scripts
- Quoting spaces on bulb names such that bash and zenity play nicely together is giving me ulcers. For now it replaces spaces with underscores, which is suboptimal.