- Defend the Castle is a fast-paced arcade-style video game, with a twist on the classic tower defense genre.
- An evil wizard has opened portals that are spawning malicious creatures on your King's island. Defend the castle from attacking bats at all costs!
In Game Screenshot:
How To Play
- movement: WASD or Arrow Keys (up, down, left, right)
- to attack: run sword in to a bat!
- portals will spawn more bats
- bats will charge the castle
- red arrows indicate offscreen enemies approaching
- game over when Castle Strength depletes
Running it locally
To get it up and running locally, you'll need to have a local http-server. I use http-server
Once you have http-server installed then:
Clone this repo.
From the root directory of it, run: $ http-server In your browser, open: http://localhost:8080 and http-server will automatically load the index.html from that directory.
Leave http-server running, and whenever you change the code, you can do a hard refresh to run the newly saved code.
Feel free to download this code, play with it, and add to the game, etc!
res/textures/tiles.png and snow_expansion.png have a ton of extra assets to crop and insert in to the game!
If the leaderboards ever gets fubar, use res/leaderboard/leaderboard.json as a template. (and/or submit an issue so that I know!)