- Fixed an issue where when Tantegel and Garinham were connected by the swamp cave, they would end up on the same continent, creating a map that was not able to be completed.
- Fixed an error in the player stat generation
- A bug was causing player stats to be higher than intended
- Added a slight HP boost to lower levels in Big Swamp Mode
- Changes to (attempt to) ensure that at least one enemy in early zones is beatable
at level 1. The lowest strength enemy will have no more than 5HP
- Changed the run chance calculations in chaos mode
- Running chance in chaos mode is now based on map index rather than enemy index, since enemy index is fairly meainingless in this mode. Charlock will be the hardest place to run, followed by other dungeons, followed by Hauksness and Charlock (top floor), and easiest in the overworld. This should help with progression to level 2 as well.
- Fixed a problem with bridge placement
- Bridges shouldn't be placed where walkable tiles are located to the north or south of them
- Fixed a problem where Rimuldar could be placed on the wrong continent if the swamp cave was located in Garinham
- Fixed a UI crash in the title screen generation
- Made the random seeds in the UI more random
- The random seeds in the UI were not so random on Windows.
- Changed the UI such that a new random seed is chosen after generating a ROM.
- Fixed a read overrun in death_necklace()
- This was causing a rom difference and checksum mismatch.
- Bug did not affect gameplay.
- From scratch rewrite using C, C++ and the Qt toolkit.
- Split continents can now occur, causing the swamp cave to be required
- Some NPCs have been moved or removed
- The roving guard in the throne room has been sacked
- The old man in the Garinam item shop has been moved
- The weapon shop in Cantlin now contains 4 counter tiles - the owner can no longer hide!
- Chaos mode
- Randomizes all enemy stats including Dragonlord form 1.
- Randomizes experience requirements for levels.
- Dragonlord form 2 will have between 100 and 230 HP.
- Dragonlord form 2 could have
HEAL, but also is more susceptible to
- More speed options
- Fast Text and Speed Hacks are now separate options
- Open Charlock - no Rainbow Drop required.
- Short Charlock - No need for torches because there's no dungeon, just straight to the Dragonlord's floor.
- Added an option to not require keys for opening doors.
- Big Swamp option - most of the overworld will be filled with swamp.
- Added player sprite options. The player sprite can be changed when generating a ROM.
- Fixed an issue where the player could obtain multiple flutes/tokens if they were in a chest.
- This would clutter the inventory since they are unable to be discarded.
- Graphical interface! DWRandomizer now has a GUI for a better user experience.
- There is now a Windows installer for DWRandomizer - it will now be added to the start menu.
- The ROM output directory can now be specified in the GUI or from the command line via the
- Fixed the Cantlin NPC dialog when the overworld item is more than 100 steps from the castle.
- Added back the silver harp.
- The NPC in the Northern Shrine will now always have the Staff of Rain.
- Enemies summoned by the harp will now be a random set of 8 different enemies.
- Buffed some of the weaker spells.
HEALnow has a range of 18-25 HP.
HURTnow has a range of 9-16 HP.
- Menu wrap-around.
- Various menus in the game will now have the cursor wrap from top to bottom (optional).
- The Death Necklace will now always appear in it's chest the first time. You can still only get one.
- Death Necklace now has an optional function other than cursing you. It can give a +10 ATK at the expense of 25% of your HP (you are still cursed).
- Some enemy balance changes:
- Reduced Droll HP from 35 to 20
- Reduced Poltergeist HP from 26 to 23
- Reduced Specter HP from 48 to 33
- Reduced Goldman HP from 110 to 35
- Some changes to zone randomization:
- Zones 1 & 2 will now have Wolf and below only.
- Tantegel will have 2 of each of these zones surrounding it
- Zone 1 will be to the east and west
- Zone 2 will be to the north and south
- All other zones will be random (using a new algorithm)
- The new algorithm ensures each zone will appear on the overworld no more than 5 times.
- A new option --speed-hacks (-H) has been added to speed up text and some other aspects of the game.
- Tantegel Castle is no longer confined to its original zone from the vanilla game. Zone 0 will be moved to accomodate.
- A few incorrect monster stats have been fixed:
- Droll HP has been reduced from 43 to 35 (this is what the GBC/SNES release has it as)
- Werewolves will now give 95 XP and 155G instead of 120/185. This also matches values from the GBC/SNES release.
- Gold drops will now always be the maximum amount instead of a random percentage. This is also in line with the re-releases.
- Fixed a bug where Charlock castle could be obstructed, thus making the game impossible to finish.
- Fixed a bug where the program would occasionally get stuck when generating the map.
Some refinement to growth curves
- Minor changes to growth curves - buffed hp/agi, nerfed str/mp
- Also removed the IPS generation question from prompts (few will want this)
- Specifying --ips on the command line will still generate this file
- Added --fast-leveling (-f) and --very-fast-leveling (-F) options.
- The XP requirements for each level will be 75% and 50% of normal, respectively.
- Refined the player growth curves so that the average level to finish the game is level 15.
- Raised the encounter rate in zone 0 to the same as other zones
- Added randomizer version, flags, and seed number to the title screen
- Fixed xp/gold drops for Drakeema
- These values have been wrong since the first version - thanks to @gameboy9 for catching this