Port/Reimplementation of SMB3 Workshop by hukka
YouTube Video of Version 0.9, check Releases for more current versions
Features right now
- Level selection
- Level view
- Block Viewer
- Loading/Saving of levels/world maps
- Selection of multiple objects
- Copy/Cut/Paste objects
- Vertical Levels
- Undo/Redo System
- Instant Header Editing
- Jump (Level pointer) editing
- Make screenshots of your Level
- Smoothing out the rough edges
- Pretty much the rest of SMB3 Workshops features
- Cleaner architecture
- dynamic level sizes
Not planned right now
- Support of other versions, other than the US release
Come to the SMB3 Romhacking Discord and message Michael.
How to run
- You need to have at least Python3.6 installed. To do that, go to https://www.python.org/downloads. Make sure to tick the box "Add Python to Path"!
- You need to install the wxPython GUI framework. To do that, open a command
prompt (search cmd in Windows, open a Terminal in Linux/Mac) and type in
pip install wxpython. This should work automatically.
- Click on smb3-foundry.py and the editor should open up, asking you to select the ROM you want to load. Preferably the US version of SMB3 or a Hack based on it.