ActiveBlog is a work in progress.
ActiveBlog is Rails engine written to satisfy minimal blogging requirements.
The ActiveBlog BlogPost model:
create_table :blog_posts do |t| t.string :title t.string :body t.boolean :draft t.datetime :published_at t.string :cached_slug t.string :custom_url t.timestamps end
It is by no means a full blogging engine. There are no categories, no comments, and certainly no tagging.
ActiveBlog has the following dependencies:
- ActiveAdmin, for the backend
- Devise, for admin authentication
- Redcarpet, for markdown rendering
- PostgreSQL, for storage
How to install ActiveBlog
Add the following line to your Gemfile
bundle update --source active_blog
Run the generator
./script/rails generate active_blog:install
Install the migrations
Start your server with
rails s and visit your new blog located at:
To create a new blog post, visit the admin area located at:
How to hack on ActiveBlog
Setup the development and test databases
rake app:db:setup rake app:db:test:clone
- The ActiveAdmin BlogPost form should allow users to upload content to S3
- Document Parent App Hooks (content_for :sidebar, content_for :title, content_for: head)
- Missing ActiveAdmin UI tests.