##A simple and fast panadapter for your HF radio using an RTL-SDR USB dongle.
This panadapter has been developed to achieve several goals:
- fast performance on light hardware;
- ability to exploit the direct sampling (0-14MHz) of the RTL-SDR V3 dongle;
- be easy to understand (Python, Numpy, PyQTGraph, etc) and to maintain (~250 lines of code);
- to be open source (GPLv3);
- no setup time: start directly at the frequency of interest (IF output of a classic HF radio);
- produce high resolution waterfalls very efficiently by means of Zoom FFT transform;
- to be used directly with no UPCONVERTER;
- synchronized waterfall and spectrum plots;
Watch it in action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9mr08ou5NI
To run it, you need a Linux PC and a few libraries such as numpy, scipy, pyqtgraph, pyqt, etc (I'll try to document the requirements better in the future).
All experiments so far have been conducted with a KENWOOD TS-180S (single conversion with IF at 8.83 MHz) and a RTL-SDR v3. So the hardware requirements are minimal.
73, marco / IS0KYB