Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
Bugfixes over 2.0.0.
- [#1845] Fix
An AbstractController::DoubleRenderError occurred in spaces#index.
- [#1857] Fix wrong tooltips and confirmation message when removing spaces in the administration pages.
- [#1872] Fix
undefined method 'find_by_id_with_disabled'.
- [#1873] Fix
undefined method 'name' for nil:NilClass at app/models/join_request.rb:76:in 'role'.
- [#1890] Fix
undefined method '' for nil:NilClass on ApplicationController#append_info_to_payload.
- [#1859] Global administrators are now not able to change their password if they didn't use local authentication to sign in, the same way normal users aren't able to.
- [#1854] Some forms were being filled by the browser with saved username/password but they shouldn't. These forms fixed were: form admins use to create users (users/create), form to register a user (registrations/_signup_form) and the form to edit a user (users/edit).
- [#1892] Moved the translations of the names of the available languages out of the locale files, now they are configured directly in the application.
This release is a completely new version of Mconf-Web, still using the same base and concepts of the 0.x versions, but with a lot of changes, improvements and optimizations in the code and also in the site's design, usability and consistency. Also, the application is in general more configurable, better structured and more optimized than before. We're calling it version 2.0 to make it clear that a lot has changed since the latest stable version. It also includes several new features, that are specified below.
- Updated Rails from 3.0 to 4.x
- Recommended way to install ruby is now with rbenv. We also use a much newer version of ruby.
- The library station was replaced by several other libraries that are better, are actively maintained and have bigger communities behind them, such as devise and cancancan.
- A new design, that is cleaner and should also be easier to be modified to apply custom visual identities to the website. Uses Twitter's Bootstrap 2 and Font Awesome.
Other changes (not all, only the most remarkable after the ones in the list above):
- [#370] God, used for monitoring, replaced by Monit.
- [#246] Integration with LDAP for user authentication.
- [#412] Upload and crop of logos (user avatars, logos in spaces) was completely reimplemented. Includes the removal of the default logos available in the past version, as a way to simplify the feature (for both users and developers) and make the website cleaner (spaces will use a default logo unless one is uploaded, so there won't be random images that give no information of what the space really is).
- [#457] The feature to control invitations to spaces and requests to join spaces was completely reimplemented. In the previous versions this was done by station, but now is done internally by Mconf-Web with another method that's a lot simpler.
- [#906] The feature to create the recent activities was completely reimplemented. In the previous versions this was done by station, but now is done mostly by a library called PublicActivity.
- [#333, #877, and others] New pages for the list of spaces, now with more information and pagination.
- [#866, and others] Better buttons and messages in the interface to start, join and finish web conferences.
- [#986] Users don't have to set the "record" flag, a title and description before creating a conference anymore. The flag is now set automatically and the title and description can be edited after the recording is made available. It was designed to work with versions of Mconf-Live/BigBlueButton that have the record button inside the session. This feature is optional: if disabled, the user will be prompted to set the record flag before opening a new session.
- [#953] Added option to require administrators to accept new accounts. With this option enabled, users can register new accounts but have to wait until an administrator accepts their accounts to be able to log in. It is optional and disabled by default.
- [#1778] Added option to moderate spaces. With this option enabled, users can create spaces but administrators have to accept them before they can be actively used.
- [#963] Administrators can now set a flag to allow/disallow users to record meetings. By default no user can record, except administrators (whose permissions ignore their record flag). When a user can record, he can record in his own web conference room and in the web conference room of the spaces he belongs to.
- [#1168] The application now uses resque and resque-scheduler for all background tasks and scheduling. They replaced both delayed_job and whenever/cron.
- [#1368, #1404, #1423] Several improvements in the sign in via Shibboleth. See this page to understand some part of what changed and check for possible issues when migrating.
- [#1114] A new event module was implemented, still considered in a beta stage but already with a lot of improvements over the events in the previous version of Mconf-Web.
- [#1202, #385, #386, #867, #1231, #1245, others] Several improvements in error pages and redirects to make it easier for the user to know what is happening in edge cases (no permission to access a page, not signed in, etc).
- [#457, #838, #1067] Improved process to invite people to join a space and to request to join a space.
- [#1148, #1513] Reviewed roles/permissions in web conferences.
- [#1153, #1045, #1604, #1552] Several new administration options, such as the option to permanently remove users and spaces (not only disable them), option to confirm a user via interface, option to automatically add users to spaces without requiring them to accept an invitation, option for space admins to remove users from spaces, and several others.
- [#1297] Made all emails use the same format, a very simple format but standard for all emails the application sends.
This is a minor update over 0.8 that was developed in parallel with 2.0.
- [#908] Users had no permission to update their list of recordings
- [#972] Login via shibboleth failed when a user's name had accents
- [#918] The button "send" when cropping a logo was not clickable
- [#973] Fix wrong name for some users when logging in via shibboleth
- [#984] Fix wrong translations in the subject of some emails
- [#1020] Inviting a user to a web conference via private message wasn't sending the message added by the user
- Removed the option to invite people to spaces using just an email, now only registered users can be invited.
- [#1246] Updated the URL to download the mobile client and removed the QR code that doesn't work in the new mobile client.
- Wiki moved to https://github.com/mconf/mconf-web/wiki/
- [#461] Support for recordings: the application shows the list of recordings for a webconference room (in the user's home and in the webconference section in a space), the user is now be able to select if the meeting will be recorded or not (as well as a title and description), and were also included administration pages to see all recordings, edit, delete, and so on. The support for recordings is only enabled for administrators.
- Full list of related issues here.
- [#812] Fix unclosed tags in the user's home page
- [#775] Fix error that sometimes the account page couldn't show the IdP name and user data from shibboleth.
- [#724] Fix error when sending webconference invitations to multiple emails.
- [#530] Add options to configure an external help page
- [#728] Fix huge horizontal scroll bar when uploading profile picture
- [#731] When a user tried to accept and invitation to join a space he was asked to create a new account, now he can only login or create an account in the default registration page.
- [#726] Mark the required fields in the registration.
- [#725] Split "Register / Login" links at the top menu in two separate links.
- [#718] Rooms that belongs to disabled users or spaces cannot be accessed
- [#737] Minimum length for user's login and room's param is now 1 char.
- [#671] Add a default timezone for the website.
- [#297 and others] Fix missing strings.
- [#670] Fix emails to use the correct language (receiver's language, if available, or site language).
- [#732] When a space is set as private/public the webconference room is set as well
- [#734] [#735]
meetingIDs are now static and globally unique (won't be randomized anymore).
invites/invite_roomto return the user id not the profile id.
- Remove scripts to deploy with capistrano. They can still be used, see https://github.com/mconf/mconf-web/wiki/Deployment-with-Capistrano
- [#727] Replaced simple_captcha with reCaptcha in the registration form.
- Important: Requires a reCaptcha key to be generated for you domain on http://www.google.com/recaptcha/whyrecaptcha (Click in "Sign up Now!") and configured in the management page of Mconf-Web, otherwise the registration form will have no captcha validation.
- [#822] When a private space is created the webconference room is also created as private.
- [#813] Fix errors when editing the name of a space.
- [#829] Added a button to force meetings to be closed.
- [#817] When a user tries to access the page to send a join request to a space he's already a member of he is redirected to the space's home page.
- [#837] Change the name of the room when a user changes his login (affects the welcome message shown in the webconference).
- [#821] Translated user roles in spaces ("Admin", "Member", "Invited").
- [#814] Redirect the user to the pages he was in when logging in (works when clicking in the "login" link in the top bar).
- [#789] New pages to join the conference when invited, to make clear the separation between user login and user access to a room (that doesn't necessarily require a login but might require an access code).
- [#807] Added information about Mconf-Mobile in the "join from mobile" page.
- [#756] Use the correct locale to display success message when changing languages.
- [#630] Mark private messages as read when user clicks to read them.
- [#859] Fix missing translation when the list of attachments is empty.
- [#854] Fix wrong tags in the list of attachments when seeing the page as an anonymous user.
- [#816] All links in the list of spaces now point to the space's home (not to the page to ask to join the space).
- [#815] Redirect to the page to ask permission to join a space when trying to access a private space you're not a member of.
- [#809] Block invited users from creating a conference when accessing it using the moderator password.
- [#763] Fix wrong error messages when a private message fails to be sent.
- [#820] The role "invited" in spaces is now functional and explained in the interface.
- To use captcha in the registration page you need to generate reCaptcha keys for you domain on http://www.google.com/recaptcha/whyrecaptcha (Click in "Sign up Now!") and configure it in the management page of Mconf-Web, otherwise the registration form will have no captcha validation.
- Added SMTP configurations in the management area so that any SMTP account can be used (not only a Gmail account as before).
- Improved some pages to join web conferences from mobile clients.
- Users can now specify their ID during registration.
- When logging in via shibboleth, users can now associate their shibboleth account with an account that already exists in Mconf-Web.
- Users cannot modify their email address after registering.
- Added a configuration file to use logrotate (see this commit).
- Added support for guest users in web conferences. Guest users is a feature currently only available in Mconf-Live.
- Several small layout and bug fixes.
- The instructions to install Mconf-Web were updated to:
- Use Ubuntu 12.04.
- Use a user different than
rootto access MySQL. We recommend a user named
mconf, and the instructions to create this user are [[in the installation guide|Deployment-Manual]].
- Set up logrotate, see [[this page|Deployment-Install-Logrotate]].