Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
Update to TribesLauncher to improve how injection works.
- Injection failure will show a more descriptive error in many cases, as well as an error code
- When not injecting via Steam, injection is now done by Process ID rather than process name. This will prevent issues when multiple copies of T:A are running (e.g. when you are running a custom server on the same PC)
Update to TribesLauncher to enable better login server support.
- Login server setting can now be set to either "Hirez" or "Custom", preventing issues when Hirez change the login server host
- Launching via Steam now supports custom login hosts
- Adds buttons in the Configure T:A dialog to open the configuration directory and the TAMods install directory
- Fixes an issue with the updater failing to find the user's config directory
TribesLauncher is a replacement for the existing TAModsLauncher application, designed to improve ease-of-use for users new to TAMods and to provide integration with community
Download the installer and run it. It will automatically launch the application after install, but some users have noticed issues injecting when running directly from the installer. Relaunching the application (via the Start Menu) should resolve this.
Note that if you already have TAMods installed, the launcher will redownload it. This may result in some of your TAMods configuration being overwritten. To avoid this, create a backup of your configuration folder (stored at /My Games/Tribes Ascend/TribesGame/config).
- Automatically installs TAMods and keeps it up to date
- Can launch Tribes: Ascend (via Steam or directly) and inject TAMods
- Provides timer-based Auto-Inject feature
- Setup options to enable the TAMods Ubermenu feature, and to launch the legacy external configuration tool
- In-launcher display of news items and communities
To give feedback or report a bug, please contact me via one of the following methods:
- Creating an issue on this GitHub project
- Direct message via Reddit (/u/avianistheterm)
- Via the Australian Tribes Discord (mcoot#7419)
Also contact me if you have a Tribes-relevant community you would like featured in the launcher. The launcher currently provides integration with Discord and Reddit, but can also display information for Mumble servers and websites.
New beta release!
This release features mostly minor bugfixes and UI tweaks, plus a sizeable reduction in the size of the installer / the installed size of the application.
No new features will be added before the v1.0.0 release; only bugfixes and potentially minor tweaks will make it in.
(Unfortunately this means that mooted features like tribes.ini presets / editing won't make it in, at least for the initial launch :( )
Updated TribesLauncher beta, with the following new features:
- 'Launch via Steam' option (enabled by default), which should allow use of the Steam Overlay when T:A is launched via the launcher
- Auto-inject option to automatically inject TAMods on a timer after the game is launched
- Community Reddit integration
- More backgrounds!
The first public beta for TribesLauncher! :3
If you have bug reports or feature requests, it's best to contact me via Discord (
mcoot#7419) or Reddit (
Note that installing TAMods via the new launcher for the first time may overwrite some existing TAMods configuration, so if you already use the old TAModsLauncher, you should probably back up your
Documents/my games/Tribes Ascend/config folder.