Workout tracker is my playground Rails app. I primarily use it to test out new stuff while still getting something that is useful to me. It is primarily useful for tracking periodic weight training.
- Install Ruby 2.2.0 and bundler
- git clone the repo
bundle installfrom within the repo
- Configure your database connection in
rake db:create; rake db:migrate
rails serverand workout tracker will be running
A working copy is currently deployed on heroku here, however as of writing it does not have a open registration.
- Program : program is the type of weight training
- Cycles : a cycle is the largest repeating unit of the program
- Subcycles : a subcycle is the reoccurring unit within a subcycle, consisting of workouts
- Workouts : a workout is a single day of training composed of workout sets
- Workout sets : a single set of a number of reps of a given exercise at a given weight, e.g. 5 reps of bench press at 125
Feel free to contribute by forking the repo and submitting a pull request.