CraftMania is my open-source game. It is supposed to look like Minecraft by Mojang. I am trying to make the game as close as possible to Minecraft. Before I made my source public, I asked on StackExchange if it is actually legal to do so. The answer was yes, as long as I don't use the name Minecraft and do not use any assets created by Mojang. So right now, all the source code is available at my GitHub repository! You can also visit the blog!
You will need Oracle's Java Virtual Machine (JVM). You should be sure that your Graphics Card (GPU) driver is up to date. It is recommended to take a look at "conf/conf.txt" and set the values you think are the best for your machine.
Run the Game
You can simply double click the CraftMania.jar file when you installed Oracle's JVM.
- [Z,Q,S,D] or [Q,W,A,S] Walking. Choose your Keyboard layout in "conf/conf.txt"
- [Space] Jump.
- [Left click] Place the block in your hand.
- [Right click] Destroy the block on which you are aiming.
- [F] Toggle God-mode.
- [E] Open your inventory.
- [O] Toggle overlay rendering.
- [L] Place or remove a lightpoint (you should use torches, in fact :D)
- Martijn Courteaux: The core of the game.
- Banjamin Glatzel: Some code snippets.
I'm using the awesome Good Morning Craft! texture pack by Louis Durrant. Of course, this is a texture pack developed for Minecraft by Mojang. So, you might try his texture pack for Minecraft. Make sure you take a look at it!