James is a collection of object-oriented Pascal primitives (only interfaces and classes).
ATTENTION: We're still in a very early alpha version, the API may and will change frequently. Please, use it at your own risk, until we release version 1.0.
Why. We don't want to write procedural code anymore. The goal is to replace common procedural code in our projects, which has so many conditionals and "controllers", to a declarative and object-oriented code. We want to write elegant, clean, and maintainable code using OOP.
Principles. The code has some design principles:
- Fully interface-based
- Memory is released automatically
- All public methods are implementations of interface methods
- All public methods return an interface instance or primitive type
- No usage of nil/NULL in arguments or returns
- No algorithms in constructors
- No getters and setters
- No type casting or reflection
- No procedures or functions, only Interfaces and Objects
We are using other packages:
- Synapse (it will be removed soon) — this project deals with network communication.
How to contribute?
To contribute we suggest following these steps:
- Fork this project (Click on Fork button)
- Clone your forked project to your local machine
- Create a new issue describing about the problem or enhancement that you are going to make
- Create a new branch related to this issue. We suggest to use a name like
issue-10— 10 is the issue's ID
- Make all the changes necessary and commit
- Push the new branch to your Github repository
- Go to James' Github project and click on Compare & Pull Request
- It is important for you create a new branch for each PR. We might need to request some further changes in your work, and having the original PR's code to make these changes is better than working with the whole code.
- Each PR needs to work only in one issue, respecting the single responsibility principle.
- Make sure your branch builds without any warnings/issues.
If you have questions or general suggestions, don't hesitate to submit a new Github issue.
- @mdbs99 as Marcos Douglas B. Santos (Blog)
- @fabriciofx as Fabrício Cabral
- @nunopicado as Nuno Picado
Copyright (c) 2017-2018 Marcos Douglas B. Santos
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.