The Vim Configuration of Champions
git clone http://github.com/mutewinter/dot_vim.gitin your home folder.
mv dot_vim .vim
rake vim:linkto make the .vimrc symbolic link.
- Install Vundle with
git clone http://github.com/gmarik/vundle.git bundle/vundle
- Run Vim and type
:BundleInstallto install the plugins with Vundle.
- Enjoy enhanced productivity, increased levitation, reduced watermelon-related accidents, and startling sex appeal.
MacVim / Windows gVim
- gVim - I'm currently using Wu Yongwei's pre-compiled gVim 7.3.333 because it has Ruby support and the latest patches
Be sure to always edit the vimrc using
,v, which opens the vimrc in the .vim folder. Vim has a nasty habit of overriding symlinks.
Plugin Installation / Requirements
I may make this more verbose later, but for now, here's a list of plugins that require further installation:
- Command-T Needs compilation
- Fugitive Requires Git to be installed
- syntastic Requires many different binaries installed depending on what filetypes you want it to check
- ack.vim Requires ack to be installed
Note: Auto generated by
- vundle - Vundle, the plug-in manager for Vim
- ZoomWin - Zoom in/out of windows (toggle between one window and multi-window)
- Command-T - Mirror of the official Command-T repository at git.wincent.com
- vim-space - space.vim - Smart Space key for Vim
- vim-easymotion - Vim motions on speed!
- LustyJuggler - Switch very quickly between your active buffers
- ctrlp.vim - Fuzzy file, buffer, mru and tag finder
- vim-indent-guides - A Vim plugin for visually displaying indent levels in code
- vim-powerline - The ultimate vim statusline utility.
- nerdtree - A tree explorer plugin for vim.
- ColorV - A color tool in Vim
- jellybeans.vim - A colorful, dark color scheme for Vim.
- quickfixsigns_vim - Mark quickfix & location list items with signs
- nerdcommenter - Vim plugin for intensely orgasmic commenting
- vim-surround - surround.vim: quoting/parenthesizing made simple
- vim-speeddating - speeddating.vim: use CTRL-A/CTRL-X to increment dates, times, and more
- vim-fugitive - fugitive.vim: a Git wrapper so awesome, it should be illegal
- tabular - Vim script for text filtering and alignment
- ack.vim - Vim plugin for the Perl module / CLI script 'ack'
- sudo-gui.vim - sudo GUI for a GUI vim
- vim-togglelist - Functions to toggle the [Location List] and the [Quickfix List] windows.
- IndexedSearch - shows 'Nth match out of M' at every search (index of match+total # matches)
- vim-session - Extended session management for Vim (:mksession on steroids)
- delimitMate - Vim plugin, provides insert mode auto-completion for quotes, parens, brackets, etc.
- syntastic - Syntax checking hacks for vim
- supertab - Perform all your vim insert mode completions with Tab
- MatchTag - MatchParen for HTML tags
- neocomplcache - Ultimate auto-completion system for Vim.
- vim-ruby - Vim/Ruby Configuration Files
- vim-haml - Vim runtime files for Haml, Sass, and SCSS
- vim-rails - rails.vim: Ruby on Rails power tools
- vim-rake - rake.vim: it's like rails.vim without the rails
- vim-coffee-script - CoffeeScript support for vim
- vim-json - Pathogen friendly packaging of vim-json from Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=1945
- vim-jquery - Fork of bronson's vim-jquery which is now gone
- cocoa.vim - Vim plugin for Cocoa/Objective-C development.
- taskpaper.vim - This package contains a syntax file and a file-type plugin for the simple format used by the TaskPaper application.
- nginx.vim - Syntax highlighting for nginx.conf and related config files.
- textile.vim - Textile for VIM
- matchit.zip - extended % matching for HTML, LaTeX, and many other languages
- vim-textobj-user - Vim plugin: Support for user-defined text objects
- vim-textobj-rubyblock - A custom text object for selecting ruby blocks.
- L9 - Vim-script library
- vim-repeat - repeat.vim: enable repeating supported plugin maps with "."
- tlib_vim - Some utility functions for VIM