"Image Reference Collector" example
What it does
This example adds a context menu which targets any image element in the webpage. When the context menu item is clicked, the add-on opens a window and adds the related image element to the preview list of the collected images. The user can then store the collected images by giving the collection a name and pressing the save button.
Once a collection of reference images has been stored by the add-on, they can be navigated using the extension page that the add-on will open in a tab when the user press the add-on browserAction.
What it shows
The main goal of this example is showing how to use the idb-file-storage library to store and manipulate files in a WebExtension.
- How to store blob into the add-on IndexedDB storage
- How to list the stored blobs (optionally by filtering the listed blobs)
- How to turn the stored blobs into blob urls to show them in the extension page
- How to remove the stored blobs from the extension IndexedDB storage.
This example is written in two forms:
- a plain webextension (which doesn't need any build step)
- a webextension built using webpack
The code that stores and retrieves the files from the IndexedDB storage is in the
utils/image-store.js in both the example version.
The icon for this add-on is provided by icons8.