PMID Citation Plus (for WordPress)
This plugin allows authors to quickly construct a rich bibliography not unlike the bottom of Wikipedia articles by simply typing in the Pubmed IDs to the relevant studies.
This plugin should appeal primarily to health and science bloggers.
- Ditch output buffering. (ob_start, ob_end_clean, ob_get_contents, ob_end_flush, etc.)
- Add shortcode functionality that allows people to put citations in-line.
- Update source to exclusively use PSR style guide & standards instead of the WordPress standard.
- Add support for DOI.
- Add better exception handling (and form validation).
- Replace regexp with actual html/xml parser. Use css selectors, and possibly xpath.
Got an idea? Submit a pull request!