KeepNote is a note taking application that works on Windows, Linux, and MacOS X. With KeepNote, you can store your class notes, TODO lists, research notes, journal entries, paper outlines, etc in a simple notebook hierarchy with rich-text formatting, images, and more. Using full-text search, you can retrieve any note for later reference.
KeepNote is designed to be cross-platform (implemented in Python and PyGTK) and stores your notes in simple and easy to manipulate file formats (HTML and XML). Archiving and transferring your notes is as easy as zipping or copying a folder.
Read more about KeepNote's design philosophy.
- Rich-text formatting (e.g. Bullet point lists, Inline images)
- Hierarchical organization for notes
- Web links and note-to-note links
- Full-text search
- Integrated screenshot
- File attachments
- Spell checking (via gtkspell)
- Built-in backup and restore (archive to zip files)
- Extensions (i.e. "plugins")
- Cross-platform (Linux, Windows, MacOS X)
- Website: http://keepnote.org
- Documentation: http://keepnote.org/manual/
- Install instructions: INSTALL.md
- Development instructions: DEVELOP.md
- License information: LICENSE - MIT and GPLv2
- Change log of features and bug fixes: CHANGES
- Language translation information: README.translations.txt
Copyright 2015 Matt Rasmussen firstname.lastname@example.org