Bugs / observations:
Strandtest with Neopixel
- Brightness 255 is fine.
- Anything below 255 shows spurious pixels, both when black and when LEDs are lit.
- Doing a colorWipe() at speed 0 results in a lot of glitching, even at brightness 255.
- So, stable only when brightness is 255 and not wiping too fast.
- Using 5V signals vs 3.3V signals has no effect on this.
- Using external power supply is the same.
Bug in the setBrightness code perhaps?
Blinky with Neopixel
- Keeping brightness at 255 results in a fair bit of glitching for modes like strobe. Not quite the same glitching as when using strandtest though.
- Generally animations seem to be a bit choppy.
- For whatever reason, external power supply is not working with this program. Maybe due to UART problem, or use of WiFi chip?
- Disable Serial to see if that helps.
- Rethink task model -- disable concurrency?
- Check to see if there is a bug in setBrightness code in Neopixel library.