Asip is a protocol to control an Arduino board from a computer. The protocol is intended to be a more extensible replacement for Firmata.
What is this repository for?
- This repository includes the code for the core Asip functionalities: setting pin modes, reading and writing digital and analog pins.
- Version: 0.1.0
Quick installation instructions
- Open the Arduino IDE (please use version 1.5 or above).
- Select Sketch -> Include Library -> Manage Libraries...
- Search for asip and install plain asip (not the extensions)
- Click on File -> Examples -> asip -> AsipIO
- Connect a board, select the appropriate board and port from the Tools menu and upload the AsipIO sketch.
- You are now ready to go. You can either send messages directly through the serial port (remember to set the baud rate to 57600) or you can download a client for a programming language such as Java, Python and Racket.
- Don't be afraid of contacting us. We'll try to reply as soon as possible. Feel free to open issues.
- Do you want to contribute? Please get in touch :-)! We need help for a number of things, starting from documentation to the development of other clients, additional services, examples, etc.