Make an autonomous robot that performs the following tasks:
- The robot starts from START position of the arena representing a warehouse (Refer to Figure 1).
- Thermocol blocks are used to represent packages. Three colors Red (R), Blue (B), or Green (G) are used to represent different types of packages.
- There are twelve pick-up points in the warehouse where packages are placed on arrival to the warehouse.
Each pick-up point can contain:
(i) No package – when the pick-up point is empty
(ii) Valid package – when a package of one of the colors – Red (R), Blue (B), or Green (G) – is at the pick-up point or
(iii) Invalid package – when a Black package is at the pick-up point which should not be picked up.
Number of valid packages to be picked up from the pick-up points can vary from 3 to 7.
- There are five Deposition Zones numbered 1 to 5. Each deposition zone has an associated color – only packages of that color can be deposited in that deposition zone. A deposition table provides the information on the designated color for each deposition zone. For example, if deposition zones 1 and 2 are designated as R, only red packages can be deposited in these deposition zones. Each deposition zone can take a maximum of 2 packages only.
- The robot traverses the path around the warehouse and does the following:
- Checks pick-up point for a package.
- If the package is Invalid, sounds a buzzer and moves on.
- If the package is Valid, does the following:
- Indicates the color of the package by turning on the appropriate color in the RGB Light Emitting Diode (LED) provided with the kit.
- Picks up the package and deposits it in the appropriate deposition zone.
- Robot repeats the above protocol till it picks up and deposits all the valid packages on the arena.
- After depositing the last package at the appropriate zone, the robot sounds the buzzer continuously.
- Sound of the continuous buzzer indicates END of task.