✿ flower — Netflow viewer
This package is based on Sghazzawi's Node-Netflowd, and is intended to replace National Taiwan Ocean University's dormitory flow viewer.
- Gathers all Netflow packets and updates on-the-fly (features socket.io for instant push to client)
- TODO: Trigger to deal with banned users.
- For an interval (10 minutes), the system writes the data to postgresql database.
- TODO: The user can check the usage history in daily and hourly perspective.
- TODO: The usage log can be deleted after a long period.
- TODO: API support for external program.
- A Cisco router (or compatible one) which can output Netflow packet v5 format.
- node.js with npm (nvm for rescue)
Up and running
- install postgresql (
apt-get install postgresqlin Debian or Ubuntu) then configure its user account and password
cp config.example.js config.js
- edit config.js for your environment
It is prefered to use
forever to run for a long period.