CakePlate is a best practice template for CakePHP based web applications, inspired by http://html5boilerplate.com. It is a mashup of lots of open source projects and snippets - so a majority of the credit should not go to us.
NOTE CakePlate is no way associated with the Cake Software Foundation, or CakePHP. We love CakePHP and are merely trying to spread the love and make peoples lives easier by saving them time.
We only include open source code that we have personally used, and know works.
Clone. Make sure your webroot dir is writeable by your webserver user (ubuntu: www-data) - or for production server, make a webroot/cjs and webroot/ccss and make those writeable. Become famliar with the framework. Look at the source as there are lots of comments inline. Documentation (examples etc) will get better over time.
Please report any issues OR suggestions to the issue tracker on github.
If you feel you contributed to this (maybe though html5boilerplate.com) and we missed you on our credits/thanks list, send us a message and we will be more then happy to include your name (and a link to your site).
Stay in the loop
Please read the wiki for more information. There
- Ryan Pendergast (rynop.com)
- Zack Garbow (http://twitter.com/garbowza)
In no particular order (other then 1st 2 ;)
Legend: Credit. [title and link] - version - license
- CakePHP 1.3.6
- Paul Irish, Divya Manian (and tons of their *superhero* friends). HTML5 Boilerplate - 0.9.1 - Multiple licences, please visit site.
- Apache22.conf - Apache 2.2 VHost config. Avoid HTACCESS
- README.mdown syntax guide
- recaptcha - 1.11 - Terms
- Ryan Grove. jsmin - 1.1.1 - Modified MIT <-careful here. We are not evil, but you may be.
- Florian Schmitz. csstidy - 1.3 - GNU v2+
- Nick Baker. Paypal IPN Plugin - ?
- Matt Curry. Asset plugin - 10/22/2010 - MIT
- Frank de Graaf. LazyModel - 10/22/2010 - ?
- Cake Software Foundation. Twitter Datasource - MIT
- Rynop. site.xml generator - check controllers/sitemaps_controller to get started.
- Rynop. Tweet model - in queue for publish approval
- Rynop. Layouts: default,flash,error - MIT
- Rynop. Elements: flash_success,flash_info,flash_error,footer,header - MIT
- Rynop. Custom error pages - see app/app_error.php - MIT
- Cake Software Foundation. Containable - MIT
- Nick Baker. Facebook plugin - 2.0.3 - MIT
- Zack Garbow. Bit.ly component - 1.0 - MIT
- Rynop. tinyurl.com component - 1.0 - MIT
- Brendon Crawford. Country/language selector helper - ? - MIT
- Nick Baker. File Upload Plugin - 6.1.1 - ?
- jQuery Tools - 1.2.4 - License
Not included but worth reading
- Rynop: memcahe backed sessions
- Matt Curry: 8 Ways to Speed Up the Performance of CakePHP Apps. A bit outdated but most still apply.
- enable APC for optcode cache. use apc.php included in the download to view/manage optcode cache.
- Setup your eclipse workspace for CakePHP (there are some handy plugins I use that save me time, and integrated Cake console).
0.1.3 - 11/25/2010
- updated asset,lazy_model, and CakePHP versions
- updated jquery, jqueryui, jquerytools CDN
- many updates to default layouts
0.1.2 - 9/02/2010
- Swapped in a better file upload plugin
- Removed file upload/image resize component
0.1.1 - 8/30/2010
- Facebook Connect plugin
- Bit.ly URL and tinyurl.com shortener components
- Country/language selector helper
- File upload/image resize component
0.1 - 8/26/2010