Pail & Shovel
My CakePHP Shopify Project.
It's what I base my new Shopify App projects off of.
Putting it out there maybe it will help someone else.
I'll be adding tools I need when developing. You can install your own copy, or use my hosted copy.
It's set up to be development shop friendly.
Stuff it already has
- Login someone by shop name
- Random Product Loader - Load up your store with some random products. For the random word list, it uses vendors/random_words.txt (original source
/usr/share/dict/web2a). You can change it to whatever you want, should be fine.
- Decent example of all the charging options.
Giving the App Access to your Store
Just visit the home page and try to login with the name of your store.
- You will need CakePHP 1.3, and know how to set up an app.
- Uses PHP ShopifyAPI and DebugKit - You will need those in vendors folder. If you git checkout this project, just do git submodule init, then git submodule update to get them.
- setup config/shopify.php from config/shopify.php.default
- setup config/database.php from config/database.php.default. You will need to setup a db:
- setup config/core.php from config/core.php.default
- setup webroot/index.php from webroot/index.php.default.
- and the tmp folders. tmp/cache/models, tmp/cache/persistent
Setting up a Shopify App
- Go set one up, and set the return url to be whatever your homepage is.
- Turn the App Controller beforeFilter stuff into Shopify plugin/component, so can componenet=array('Shopify.Shopify).
- Get blank tmp folders setup in repo.