Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
New (and possibly final) 2D Editor update! v0.1.0
- Added click sound when note gets "hit" by sequencer
- Added keyboard record mode. Use keys
To place notes on the grid while the track is playing.
Snaps to grid by default, but you can press G to turn off snapping.
Can be used in combination with WASD to place directional notes
- Added settings tab to turn on / off click sound and keyboard record mode
- Added experimental copy paste mode. Press B to toggle selection mode, select with left click, paste at mouse cursor with right click.
- Fixed JSON data not saving chronologically. I thought that this didn't matter, but apparently it can cause events to get skipped.
Why stop working on this project?
With most people using the 3D editor "Edit Saber", and with all of the limitations of Processing, I've decided to freeze work on this project. Maybe if I can get ogg support to work in Processing I might pick this project back up, but currently that is the biggest limitation.
Please check out ikeiwa's Edit Saber project for a more complete editor
Also check out DCSL's WIP 2D editor "Cyphus" made in Python:
Thanks to everyone who contributed on this project!
Small update to add the ability to stretch the waveform across the tracks.
Still slowly working on other features, but haven't been able to finish anything.
Accidentally pushed some experimental changes.
Hotfix2: Fixed no notes showing up on load
Hotfix: Fixed obstacles being the wrong scale.
Hotfix: DCSL fixed the Spectrogram not displaying after a length of time
New in v0.0.18.1:
+ Spectrogram display, thanks to DCSL !
+ Added Mac OS app, thanks to elliotttate !
For now the spectrogram is always on, but I plan on adding an option to disable it and switch to the old version if the spectra is too laggy.
elliotttate has kindly built a Mac OS version of the processing app, for anyone who wants to run it on Mac!
I'm also going to start including a windows download version that does not include java, in case you don't want to download it every single time.
Possible .ogg support, if I can get this library to work!
EDIT: Fixed shift left click not deleting event blocks
- Added support for drawing / deleting obstacles!
- Added even finer tuned grid snapping! Now resize grid to 1/4 original size!
- WASD now controls rotation speed for rotation events!
- Added numbers to show measures on the right hand side!
- Contextual help menus! The help box now shows different info based on what track you hover over
- Escape button no longer closes the program!
- Fixed events not saving correctly!
- Fixed multitrack parenting so it's now possible to detect when the multitrack is clicked, not just the track! (Required for click + drag, and opening the door for possible copy paste!)
Spectrogram (Thanks @dcls !)
Audio delay / start position adjustment
Adding "click" sound when notes are hit
Zooming in and out
+ v0.0.16-1 Fixed thick grid line being drawn on line 7 instead of line 8 of each bar!
+ Fixed autoscroll bug that was offsetting the grid when the sequencer scrolled up!
+ Fixed mouse scroll bug that allowed you to scroll past the bottom of the screen!
+ Removed a few wav files that were making this download way bigger than it needed to be!