Mainline linux kernel for Orange Pi PC/Plus/One
This kernel tree is meant for Onrage Pi PC, Orange Pi Plus and Orange Pi One.
(You can easily port it to other similar H3 based SBCs by modifying the appropriate board DTS files. Usually these boards are either like Orange Pi One, or like Orange Pi PC, or they don't have CPUX voltage regulation at all, so it should be simple.)
Features in addition to mainline:
- CPU frequency and voltage scaling (cpufreq)
- Thermal regulation (if CPU heats above certain temperature, it will try to cool itself down by reducing CPU freqency)
- Ethernet driver v5 from montjoie
- Working HDMI driver (v6 patches from moinejf ported to sunxi-ng clk driver)
- USB OTG (you can create USB gadgets using Orange Pi)
- Audio support
- Video decoding support
Kernel lockup issues
If you're getting lockups on boot or later during thermal regulation, you're missing an u-boot patch.
These lockups are caused by improper NKMP clock factors selection in u-boot for PLL_CPUX. (M divider should not be used. P divider should be used only for frequencies below 240MHz.)
This patch fixes it:
Kernel side is already fixed in this kernel tree.