Code for controlling Zumo Robots, v1.2.
- Follow the getting started page for Arduino to set up the environment
- Download and install Arduino IDE
- Connect Arduino to Zumo and connect it to the computer
- Make sure the drivers fro Arduino are installed on the computer
- Open and upload the Standard Firmata (File->Examples->Firmata->Standard Firmata) to the Arduino.
- Install Node.js.
- Make sure
npmare in your path (i.e. you can run both commands in your shell)
How it works
Getting started with Zumo robots, using Johnny-Five. Basic movements and LEDs. Commands are read from a file in the same directory. When the text file
messages.txt is overwritten or saved, it triggers the script to parse and run the command in the file.
- Follow the installation instructions above.
- In your shell, go to the directory for the sub-project, and run:
- Run the Johnny-Five code: