Flora Find is a flower identification tool built for mobile. It identifies flowers using image recognition and pulls in information from Wikipedia.
- Snap a photo with your phone (or download this Hibiscus flower to your desktop)
- Upload it or choose one from your photo library
- View your results
Current deployed version is here: http://flora-find.com/public/landingpage.html
- The main page allows a user to upload a picture of a flower to identify one of two way:
- Take the photo using their phone's camera
- Upload a photo from their phone's library
- The user will click identify to display the results. These results will display the name and general information of the flower.
- Google Vision API: Uses image recognition to identify the flower image.
- Wikipedia API: Pulls in the wikipedia information based on the flower name.