HaskellerZ Meetup Group
Main HaskellerZ meetup page.
This repository mainly hosts the slides from past meetups. The README moreover serves as a drafting document for upcoming meetups.
In general, we'll have a HaskellerZ meetup every last thursday of January until October every year. Note that we welcome guests and will happily adjust our schedule if they would like to give a talk.
2016-07-22 - 2016-07-24: ZuriHac 2016
- 2016-07-22: Bas van Dijk - Functional Programming at LumiGuide (keynote) (slides)
2015-01-30: Emilie Balland - Testing in Haskell
2015-02-26: Simon Meier - Writing your first real-world Haskell program
2015-03-26: Mihaly Barasz - An introduction to game programming in Haskell
2015-04-30: topic and speaker to be determined
2015-05-29: ZuriHac 2015
- Jannis Limperg - Monads by example (structure, materials)
- Oliver Charles - Web programming (slides)
- Duncan Coutts - Better faster binary serialization (slides)
- Gergely Risko - Template Haskell (slides)
- Mathieu Boespflug - Distributed programming (slides)
- Edward Kmett - Discrimination is Wrong: Improving Productivity (slides)
- Johan Tibell - Performance (slides)
2015-08-27: Carl Baatz - An intro to web-programming using PureScript
2014-01-30: Francesco Mazzoli - What's new in GHC 7.8
2014-02-27: Francesco Mazzoli - An introduction to Agda
2014-09-25: Bas van Dijk - An overview of concurrent programming in Haskell
2015-10-30: Simon Meier - An introduction to the GHC Runtime System
The following libraries were mentioned in the January meetup as something that people would be interested in. Please feel free to volunteer to present one of them.
diagrams, and computing
2013-01-24: Alexander Bernauer - Advanced API design (slides)
2013-05-30: Mihaly Barasz - Intro to the
2013-07-25: Arvin Moezzi - Theorems for free.
2013-08-29: Zurich FP Afternoon (http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/ZuriHac2013)
- Simon Marlow - Keynote for the Zurich FP Afternoon
- Thomas Schilling - Lambdachine: a JIT compiler for Haskell
- Gergely Risko - Ceh - power user environments to share (slides)
2013-08-30 - 2013-09-01: ZuriHac 2013 (Yay, register here)
2013-10-31: Simon Meier - A hands-on introduction to Hindley-Milner type inference