Redmine Datacenter Plugin
This plugin will help you manager your small datacenter through Redmine.
See first: http://www.redmine.org/wiki/redmine/Plugins
There are only 3 installation steps, it’s very easy :
- clone this repository in your vendor/plugins directory ; if you have a doubt you put it at the good level, you can check you have a vendor/plugins/redmine_datacenter/init.rb file
- run the migrations with : rake db:migrate_plugins
- restart your Redmine instance (depends on how you host it)
If you like this plugin, it’s a good idea to contribute :
- by giving feed back on what is cool, what should be improved
- by reporting bugs : you can open issues directly on github for the moment
- by forking it and sending pull request if you have a patch or a feature you want to implement
Known bugs / limitations
Here are some limitations I see in the actual implementation ; maybe they will be solved in future releases (depending on my own needs and potential requests from .. you) :
- bad separation of datacenters at project level : you can enable/disable “datacenter” module at project level ; but if you enable it on two different projects, 1/ you will see the same servers/apps/etc., 2/ you’ll see issues from other projects. The main problem is I don’t know how to handle separation, functionnaly first, and also technically… Any idea would be welcome !
The icons, as some of redmine’s core, are taken from the Silk icons set. You can find it at http://www.famfamfam.com/lab/icons/silk/