Buoy Use Cases
Clone this wiki locally
Buoy can be used in a number of potential scenarios.
- Buoy as an alternative to police and EMS - Use Buoy to call friends, not the cops!
- Buoy for first responders - Use Buoy for medic-to-medic coordination.
- Buoy as a safe call system - Use Buoy to get friends to call you when you're about to do something a little scary.
- Buoy for addiction recovery support - Use Buoy to get help from a peer support group.
- Buoy for domestic violence shelters - Use Buoy to contact professional survivor advocates.
- Buoy as a safety net for protesters - Use Buoy during a protest or march to ask for backup from fellow activists, or to alert friends that you've been arrested.
- Buoy as a group locator mapping app - Find your friends in a large park.
- Buoy as a call for citizen-powered backup - Use Buoy when you've been pulled over by cops or are being threatened by aggressive strangers.
- Buoy for trusted support in emotional crises - Use Buoy to contact your personal support network.
- Buoy as a documentation tool for legal observers - Use Buoy as a legal observer at a protest or action to document the event.