Note Palettes for Glyphs
These are plugins for the Glyphs font editor by Georg Seifert. With them, you can comfortably edit the font note of the current font, and the glyph note of the current glyph.
The font note is now accessible through File > Font Info > Notes, which makes the Font Note plugin obsolete. I therefore do not recommend installing the Font Note plugin anymore.
The glyph note is otherwise only visible in the Font tab, switched to List mode, and if the Note column is set to show (right-click on the column headers).
- Install the Glyph Note plugin via Window > Plugin Manager
- Restart Glyphs.
If you cannot use the Plugin Manager, follow these steps:
- Download the complete ZIP file and unpack it, or clone the repository.
- Double click the .glyphsPalette files. Confirm the dialogs that appear in Glyphs.
- Restart Glyphs.
- To use the palettes, make sure the Palette sidebar shows: Window > Palette (Cmd-Opt-P).
- You can always edit the font note in the Font Note palette.
- To edit a glyph note, select one or more glyphs, and type in the Glyph Note palette.
- You can resize either note palette by dragging the bottom double line up or down.
Recent versions of Glyphs and macOS. I can only test and guarantee its functionality in the latest OS and app versions. If the plugin does not work for you, you may have to update your app or your system.
Copyright 2015 Rainer Erich Scheichelbauer (@mekkablue). Based on sample code by Georg Seifert (@schriftgestalt).
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
See the License file included in this repository for further details.